The purpose of these questions and answers…
is to help people to better understand the church of Christ and why we do the things we do. Our intent is one of love for the souls of men and women, and to help everyone we can to obtain heaven when this life comes to an end. Should you, dear reader, have a subject or question you would like to discuss or have answered, please feel free to contact us and we will try to get back with you as soon as possible.
There are some principles of studying the Bible that must first be understood to correctly understand the scriptures. First we must understand that God inspired men to write His word, that we could know His law and have a better life by following it. God’s word is to be taken literally, unless context dictates differently. We must also remember to whom these letters are written to better understand the context. God’s word teaches us His will by means of direct statements which includes commands (thou shall, or shall not), divine examples (e.g. the church taking the Lord’s Supper, Acts 20:7), and by implication (e.g. Matthew 3:16 where “Jesus went up straightway out of the water”, implying He had to first go down into the water). The church of Christ does Bible things in Bible ways, speaks where the Bible speaks, and is silent where the Bible is silent. In so doing these things, we strive to be of the same pattern as the first century church we read of in scripture.
Thank you for visiting our website and may God bless you in your quest to learn the truth, “for it shall make you free” (John 8:32).
Scroll down and click on any question for the answer.
- Does the Church of Christ Believe the Bible to be the Word of God?
- Does the Church of Christ have a Church Manual or Creed?
- How many “churches” did Christ Die for?
- Is Baptism Necessary to be Saved?
- Is Church Attendance Necessary to be Faithful to Christ?
- Is One Church as Good as Another?
- May Women Preach or Lead in the Worship Service unto God?
- Shall I Call the Preacher “Reverend”?
- Why does the Church of Christ not use Mechanical Instruments of Music in Worship?
- Why does the Church of Christ Partake of the Lord’s Supper Every Week?
- What Must I Do to be Saved?
- When was the Church of Christ Founded, and Who is its Founder?